The University of Colorado Boulder’s campus is easily one of the most beautiful in the nation. And just a few weeks ago, they unveiled substantial changes to the historic Folsom Field. More about those here. For now, enjoy some of the sights…
The expansion and renovation of the University of Colorado’s athletics complex will be the largest renovation in the history of both Folsom Field and the Dal Ward Athletic Center. Designed to significantly improve the fan and student-athlete experience, the project will include the renovation of Dal Ward Athletic Center, the addition of premium seating, other amenities at Folsom Field and a northeast corner addition with a high performance sports center with spaces for student-athletes to study and train. When the expansion is complete, the University of Colorado’s fans and student-athletes will have access to amenities and resources that will be second to none in the PAC-12.
The expansion project will include a renovation of the Dal Ward Athletic Center that will include adding an end zone club, premium seating, locker-rooms for Olympic Sports and expanding sports medicine and weight room areas. It will also greatly expand the academic services areas of Dal Ward. The northeast corner addition will feature a high performance sports center and numerous football program amenities with expanded sports medicine and sports performance areas, meeting rooms and office/meeting spaces.
In addition, an indoor practice facility will be constructed and completed by the end of the year 2015. Populous previously completed the master plan for the Athletic Complex Expansion at University of Colorado.
“It was important to us that the facility serve more than just our student athletes or one sports program. We’re creating a completely interconnected environment, combining athletics, academics and staff offices, to provide a shared home – and a shared sense of pride in our community.”
– Rick George, University of Colorado athletic director
- 27,000 SF High Performance Sports Center
- 10,000 SF Sports Medicine
- 13,000 SF High Performance Strength Training
- Conference and Meeting Rooms
- 105,000 SF Indoor Practice Facility
- 18,000 SF Rooftop Terrace for game day and special events
- 8,000 SF Football Team Locker Room and Wet Areas
- 2,500 SF Football Team Player’s Lounge
- 7,000 SF Equipment Room
- 2017 USG NACDA Sustainability Awards Runner-up
- 2016 ENR Mountain States’ Best Project Award | Best Sports Project category