Orlando City SC Releases Updated Renderings of New 25,000 Seat MLS Stadium
August 4, 2015
On Friday, July 31st, Orlando City SC released the latest Populous renderings of their new, downtown MLS stadium. The stadium will now seat 25,000 and the renderings depict a forward-looking, 425,000 square foot multi-purpose stadium.
“We are thrilled with the work to date and proud to unveil the latest set of renderings for our home in downtown,” said Majority Owner Flavio Augusto da Silva. “This new privately financed stadium will be a state-of-the-art venue for our Club and for our fans. It will also create more jobs for the community and bring significant economic impact to the city of Orlando and surrounding communities. With construction underway, we look forward to hosting the first games in the new stadium later next year.”
The result of a collaborative design process, the new stadium includes:
- 425,000 square-feet
- Increased capacity of approximately 25,500 seats – added seating in the corners of the stadium and in the South end
- A canopy roof covering the North, East, South and West stands
- Enhanced premium amenities in the East stands
- 31 suites including a 90-person “super suite” and a 59-person group suite
- 8,400 square-foot indoor Club in the West stand
- 10,000 square-foot open air Supporters Terrace
- 360-degree concourse with additional concessions and fan amenities for a premier fan experience
- All-natural grass playing surface eight feet below grade
The stadium is scheduled to open in summer of 2016. View additional information from Orlando City SC at www.OrlandoCitySC.com/stadium and information on Populous’ experience with international soccer and MLS here.