What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products, services, or other certain services to which you may subscribe through the Site (e.g. email messages and event announcements).
“Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to deliver services, products or content to you;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, data and statistical analysis for the purposes of providing architectural, design, consulting and related services or events);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Populous, its Affiliates, users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Populous uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer to facilitate user’s ongoing access to and use of the Site.
Security and Protection of Data Collected by Us
International Transfers of Personally Identifiable Information