T-Mobile Arena Officially Opens
April 7, 2016
The latest project from MGM and AEG, T-Mobile Arena, has opened its doors. Designed by Populous, the 20,000 seat arena is the largest Las Vegas has ever seen and can accommodate a large variety of events. Drawing inspiration from all corners of the city, T-Mobile Arena is a true Las Vegas icon.
T-Mobile Arena’s design bridges the desert, via its rock-inspired exterior, and the strip, via the glass facade that faces the street. The project team made a conscious effort to design a structure that not only accommodates a varied and complex program, but references its context and surroundings.
“The design of the arena ensures we will create a truly striking entertainment venue for Las Vegas – representing the color, drama and excitement the city is exudes. The arena is an extension of the Strip’s high energy – our job with the design was to stay authentic to that spirit.” – Brad Clark, lead designer.
With its unique desert-inspired interior concept, the visitor can journey from the depths of a cave to the top of a mountain all within the same building – each floor and space reflects a different level above and below the earth’s center through the design team’s use of color, materials, energy and light.
Additional features include:
- The arena’s use of site-specific Las Vegas material. A gold and terracotta-toned stone provided the ideal element for the building’s bunker suite wall.
- An innovative design-first staging system. The entertainment stage projects off the front of the building, bringing the entertainment from inside the building to audiences outside. This creates a fully immersive entertainment experience, where audiences throughout the building are captivated by the excitement of the show.
- Wi-Fi throughout the building, providing enhanced support for social and virtual connectivity for a millennial demographic.
- T-Mobile Arena’s cutting-edge technology will be headlined by a 9,000 s.f. L.E.D video mesh that overlays the glass façade above the main entrance. The digital display will be highly visible, day and night, from Las Vegas Blvd.
- Premium seating products including 44 suites, 8 bunker suites, 1,800 club seats and 124 loge box seats.
- The arena targets multiple social demographics by providing a broad range of seating and event options that include outdoor stages, bunker suites and lounges, premium clubs and luxury suites. The amenities at T-Mobile Arena provide ample opportunity for event goers to arrive early and stay late.
- First-ever premium spaces including two iconic tower clubs (the first of their kind) and the Hyde Lounge — located above the event action with two platforms extending over the arena seating for unparalleled viewing opportunities.
Designed to accommodate musical performances and multiple sporting events including hockey, basketball, and boxing, the arena is attuned to the contemporary entertainment landscape.
To download renderings and learn more about the design team’s approach, visit populous.com/tmobilearena. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.