The Londoner Arena
Architecture, Interior Design
The Londoner Arena is a world-class, multi-modal performance space and entertainment venue located on the Cotai Strip in Macao.
It is comprised of a 6,000 seat arena seating bowl, pre function spaces, concessions, VIP suites, VIP lounges, meet and greet spaces, dressing rooms and BOH support facilities.
The design of the arena offered a multi-tiered seating strategy catering to general admission, premium, VIP and VVIP guests that can be reconfigured depending on the event type.
Populous also led the interior design of the venue and were tasked with finding a cohesive design responding to the “Londoner” theme applied across the precinct. To do this, Populous drew inspiration from the Victorian Neo-Gothic expressions of exposed metalwork and intricate steel detailing akin to St Pancras station in London. The use of copper and bronze, then softened with warm timbers creates elegance and charm for guests as they experience the venue.
From entering the venue, guests are ushered along a plethora of premium hospitality venues and function spaces before they enter the arena.
Features of the venue include:
- VIP lounge, bunker-suites and meet and greet spaces
- GA pre-function spaces and concessions
- Multi-modal bowl design for ultimate performance flexibility
- Double sided bar connection VIP lounge to performance space
- Star dressing rooms, artist dressing rooms and full BOH provisions for touring companies
- Fully walkable technical grid.
Located just five minutes from the Macao International Airport, The Londoner Arena allows easy access for its guests and performers alike.