Estadio BBVA Bancomer Opens to Rave Reviews
August 4, 2015
Estadio BBVA Bancomer, the new home of C.F. Monterrey, opened on Sunday, August 2nd to rave international reviews. The Populous-designed stadium was declared “first of its kind,” “regal” and “spectacular” by media in Latin America and beyond.
The US $200 million stadium has been celebrated as the most hospitality-driven stadium in the region. With 4,500 club seats and 324 suites, it also includes the most premium seating of any professional soccer stadium.
Populous has designed a number of projects in Latin America, including Arena das Dunas, which hosted a number of matches during the 2014 World Cup, Estadio Omnilife, home of Chivas, and its current work on the new ballpark for Los Diablos Rojos del Mexico.
Read more about Estadio BBVA Bancomer:
- Video: Behind the Design
- A New Future for the Latin American Soccer Experience
- Native of Mexico, David Lizarraga, Designs Estadio BBVA Bancomer
- Design Details: The Façade at Estadio BBVA Bancomer
- 10 Design Features Not to Miss on Estadio BBVA Bancomer Opening Day
- Populous-Designed Estadio BBVA Bancomer, New Home for Rayados, to Open August 2nd